When there's leftover washi tape, DIY an iPad stand!
April 17, 2017
My favorite thing about my job is that it’s so close to my house that I get to come home for lunch everyday. My pup, Oliver, sure appreciates it too! And how can I not want to be close to this cute face all the time?
During lunch, I usually eat a sandwich at my dining table and watch on my iPad whatever show I can’t watch on my apple TV (I have the old one, so The CW and Syfy apps don’t work on it). I used to prop up the iPad on the wall but it kept falling the minute I moved and I got annoyed pretty fast. So I looked around my house and decided to bend a wire hanger and try to make it work as an iPad stand. And guess what? It worked!
The only downside to this FREE & easy stand was that it looked pretty ugly lying around my house. So after I went crazy on my kitchen cabinets, I used the leftover washi tape to cover the wire hanger and make myself a cute iPad stand that I can stand to have around the house (see what I did there 😉 ).
So without further ado, here’s how to make your own moderately cute iPad stand:
Here’s what you’ll need:
1. Hold wire hanger upright and squeeze the corners either with your strong, rugged hands, or with a wire hanger if you prefer, until the pinch about 2 inches in each.
2. Where the hanger corners have pinched, bend them upwards, forming close to a 90 degree angle.
3. Take curved top of hanger, the part that you use to hang things, and bend so the end of it points downward and back.
4. Bend that part again until it hooks on the bottom of the hanger. It should look like this:
5. Next, cover stand with tape using whatever pattern you wish.
Yep, that’s it. You’re probably thinking ‘I could have thought of that myself!’. But did you? Jk. My DIYs are simple but hey, they work! It's not the prettiest, but it's functional and not the worst think to look at :D.
Hope this works for you, as it worked for me. P.S. Doesn't my iPad background (it's a stock apple one) remind you of the awesome beach shots in Big Little Lies? BEST. SHOW. EVER.